This award is made to a land-user in the area of the annual Congress in recognition of the sound application and practice of the principles of range and forage science and conservation.
- 2012 Call for Nominations for the Peter Edwards Award
- Nominations for the Peter Edwards Award (to be presented on the evening of 19 July 2012 at the Annual Congress) are due by 25 May 2012. Only farmers in the province of the Western Cape are eligible this year. Feel free to download the call for nominations and distribute further.
- Peter Edwards Award Nomination Form
- Background of the Peter Edwards Trophy
- The trophy, first presented in 1981, commemorates Peter Edwards, an internationally recognised pasture scientist who was born in the Eastern Cape.
- Peter Edwards Award 2012
- Kotie van den Berg of the farm Beeldhouersfontein near Murraysburg received the Peter Edwards Award for the Best Conservation Farmer. The award was presented in recognition of his sound application and practice of the principles of range and forage science and conservation.