47th Annual GSSA Congress: Advancing Rangeland Ecology and Pasture Management in Africa
The Annual Congress was hosted by the Western Cape Province at the Athene Conference Centre in Club Mykonos, Langebaan. The final programme of abstracts is now available to download.
The Annual Congress was hosted by the Western Cape Province at Club Mykonos in Langebaan. The Greek-themed resort is on the shores of the Langebaan Lagoon about 120kms north of Cape Town. The town of Langebaan was originally a whaling station but has been transformed into a idyllic seaside destination for holidaymakers. The Lagoon is part of the Cape West Coast Biosphere Reserve, is a RAMSAR site, temporary home to migratory birds from as far afield as Russia and nursery to a population of Southern Right whales. The Society had a successful Congress where everyone could stay together for easy networking and experience the magic of the West Coast!
The Final Programme of Abstracts is now available to download.
Tuesday 17 July 2012
- Rangeland Fire: People, Policy and the Environment
- Interactions between Plants, Animals and their Environment
- Plant Chemistry and Quality
- Managing Biodiversity through Conservation Planning
- Restoration of Natural Ecosystems
- Reclaiming the Agricultural Potential of Grasslands and Savannas
- The Whole and the Sum of the Parts: Exploring Alternative Approaches to Rangeland Management
Research Proposal Poster Session
Wednesday 18 July 2012
- Combination Tour - Vula Environmental Services: A Scientific Approach to Environmental Rehabilitation at the West Coast Fossil Park: When the West Coast was WILD!
- !Khwa ttu: A Celebration of the San Culture, Present and Past
- Cape West Coast Biosphere Reserve: Focus on Langebaan RAMSAR Site and Educating Future Generations
- Buffelsfontein Game and Nature Reserve: A Novel Approach to Alien Control
Thursday 19 July 2012
- Invasive Plants: Control and Utilization
- Rangeland Dynamics in Humid and Arid Environments
- Production from Planted Pastures
- Water, Nutrients and Production in Rangelands
- Soil Quality for Sustainable Pasture Production
Friday 20 July 2012
- were unfortunately cancelled due to bad weather